Backup your existing installation
* Assuming you have installed FluidFlow3 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flite\FluidFlow3", backup all the files in this folder.
* Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flite\FluidFlow3\PSFF.INI" in a text editor (e.g., Notepad) and make a backup of the files/folders in the locations pointed to by the DataFolder, PreferencesFolder, and NetworkAccessFolder entries, e.g., "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Flite\FluidFlow3\Data", "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Flite\FluidFlow3\Preferences", and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Flite\FluidFlow3" respectively.
- On a network installation, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flite\FluidFlow3" and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Flite\FluidFlow3" will likely be replaced with the server name and shares, e.g., \\ServerName\FluidFlow3App and \\ServerName\FluidFlow3.
- If your FluidFlow3 installation is version 3.31 or higher, and you don't have a PSFF.INI file in your FluidFlow3 installation folder, the application will default to "[Public Documents]\Flite\FluidFlow3\Data", "[Public Documents]\Flite\FluidFlow3\Preferences", and "[Public Documents]\Flite\FluidFlow3" for the DataFolder, PreferencesFolder, and NetworkAccessFolder, respectively. The "[Public Documents]" folder may vary depending on your version of Windows, but it typically is "C:\Users\Public\Documents".
- If your FluidFlow3 installation is version 3.30 or lower, and you don't have a PSFF.INI file in your FluidFlow3 installation folder, the application will default to the "[FluidFlow3 installation]" folder for the location of the NetworkAccessFolder, the "[FluidFlow3 installation]\DATA" folder for the DataFolder, and the "[FluidFlow3 installation]\Preferences" folder for the PreferencesFolder.
* Download FF3SETUP.EXE from our portal site: https://portal.fluidflowinfo.com
* You will require your username and password to access this site. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your username/password.
* When you login, click on the link to download 'FluidFlow3 Setup (exe)'.
- If you previously installed FluidFlow3 using the ZIP method, please download "FluidFlow3 (zip)" instead to upgrade.
* Run FF3SETUP.EXE from the machine you originally installed FluidFlow3 on.
* FF3SETUP.EXE will find the existing FluidFlow3 installation and update all the files in the original FluidFlow3 installation folder, e.g., the PSFF.EXE, Help files, Default folder, etc.
- On a network installation, you should not run the FF3SETUP.EXE program over your LAN/WAN, but instead run it physically from the server (or via Remote Desktop/similar software).
- The upgrade will not overwrite your DATA folder files. In version 3.50 we've moved from the DBISAM-based database to JSON-based files. When converting your old DBISAM data, we create new FDB (FluidFlow Database) files using the existing data; we DO NOT modify anything in the existing DBISAM data, we just copy it to the new format.
- The upgrade will not overwrite your Preferences folder files. In version 3.50 we've moved to Unicode-based files to support different languages/character sets. We do not modify any of the existing environment set (.FFS) files in your Preferences folder; instead we copy these to the new Unicode format into their own 3500/3510 subfolder under the Preferences folder.